Saturday, December 15, 2007

MUSA (847 Dundas St. W.)

THE CAROUSERS: Chris, Tomas, Sarah, Nikki, Rocio & Kevin
(with surprise guest Stefan Wegner)

RATINGS:
FOOD: 3+
PRICE: 3
SERVICE: 4+
AMBIANCE: 3


ALL-DAY BREAKFAST: YES
COFFEE/ESPRESSO BAR: NO
COFFEE INCLUDED: NO
FREE REFILLS: YES
LICENSED: YES (with a wide variety of caesars!)
HP SAUCE: NO
PATIO: NO
BOOTHS: YES
OPEN-KITCHEN: NO

Musa. To the Lithuanians, it's a river; to the Arabs, Moses; and to Torontians, it seems to refer to a damn tasty breakfast. About half way between Trinity-Bellwoods Park and Bathurst on Dundas West you'll find this afoot little eatery. Rocio name dropped this place one too many times, so I figured (if only to make her smile), I'd give it a go and I'm really quite happy I did.

CLASSIC BREAKFAST:
2 eggs
bacon or sausage
cajun or rosemary roast potatoes
toast
$5.95+tx.


THE FOOD: "Toilet water" and weak coffee aside, Musa from what I recall far surpased my expectations. I wish I had been sobered up for the experience, seeing as my recollection of the entire affair is minimal. Some highlights in a few words (taken directly from my notes) include:
∙ spicy chili butter stuff
∙ grapes cut in half
∙ steamed milk
∙ fruittttttt
Rocio Side-Note: The Salmon Rocket is sick.
Tomas Side-Note: Benny= 4+
Kevin Side-Note: Penis is nice.

THE PRICE: The price, the price, the price was nice. I settled in cash, no mechanical device. I didn't think twice. The bill was precise. No need to squeeze it out of me with a bench-mounted vise. Out came my wallet, a storage device. Limited funds but they seemed to suffice.

THE SERVICE: The service was amiably amicable, approachably benevolent, courteously cordial, graciously obliging and harmoniously polite. (That means really fucking good.)
Ps- I'd like to formally apologize to the little dude I heckled. When I asked if there was "...grinds in the coffee or just brown and water?!" it was just my little way of saying it could be stronger next time.

THE AMBIANCE: From the wallpaper-like extior paint job to the comfy booths, I was feeling it. If it weren't for the fact that the place was -15°, it would have been a very pleasent overall experience. The lighting was mint (as seen in the breakfast shot) and very hangover friendly. Bout all I recall.
Sarah Side-Note: There were pretty pictures on the wall. Part of me wants to say there was an elephant, but I don't think that's true.

Musa musa mo musa, banana fana fo fusa, me my mo musa...MUSA. (Check it out.)

No comments: